How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Eagle Your Own Question
Legal Eagle
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3625
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Legal Eagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are the parents of a 33 year old son. Estranged.. He has

Customer Question

We are the parents of a 33 year old son. Estranged.. He has a car sitting in our yard now for 8 years. I want it removed. My son has the title. The second question is my husband and my son had stocks together. My son without telling us took the money and combined the stock into his name and took the money. He is not paying his student loans. This man is married to an RN, and he is in Sales in Savannah, Georgia. We do not have a telephone number. I wrote to him on Mothers day because I was sad. The letters were nice. He sent me back and note saying never to contact him again or his wife or child. This has about killed us inside. We used to be very close family. This is tearing our credit apart. My husband is paying his loan but my son is not. He is three months behind. My hubby paid some today for him because he co signed. We are hurt sad and need support. We are seniors and do not have a great deal of money. The girl my son is married to sister is a DA in Woodstock, Ga. They get free legal advice and treat us awful. We send gift they return them. They are hateful to us. Thanks
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No we do not have the money.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question? By the way, the system will automatically ask for a phone call. I am happy to speak with you, but by no means are you required to accept it.

Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I have a son of my own so I can only imagine what you're going through. Here are some answers to your question to help you out:

1. If your son's vehicle is on your property without your consent, you can have it towed. My recommendation would be to contact him to tell him this is happening.

2. If your husband and your son owned stocks together, and your son converted those stocks to his own name, then your son could be liable for theft or conversion. You may be able to recover some damages from him either informally or through the courts.

3. With his student loans, who is responsible as a party depends in part on whether you took out a parent PLUS loan or whether the loan was taken out in his name alone. If it was his name alone, then he is responsible for the loan and you aren't required to pay anything else. If it was a parent PLUS loan, then you are responsible for the payment.

Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?