Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My 14 year old daughter spanked my grandbaby and left a hand

Customer Question

my 14 year old daughter spanked my grandbaby and left a hand print on her bottom. so the mom called the police they first charged her with first degree child abuse then they came back and gave her a second ticket for 1st degree assult then they call a week later and gave her a ticket for assualt then we went to court and the officer called again and said that she has to be finger printed and after he did that they gave her another ticket for child abuse with no injurys. can they do that
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes my granddaughters mom called the police on my daughter
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Can you please clarify, as to what your question is, since the police obviously did what they did, so I am not sure what you are asking?