How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27758
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I have a victim in a crime and its a felony charge but

Customer Question

If I have a victim in a crime and its a felony charge but the case is over and I've been sentenced can I talk to this person afterwards
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Pa. It was a burglary charge
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do you mean
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: The case is over there was a police report and everything but I have already got sentenced can I talk to the victim
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.


I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

That would depend on whether an order of protection was granted at during the case and whether the order of protection was extended at the sentencing date. The fact that you've been sentenced does not automatically mean that the order was lifted.

Your lawyer should be able to tell you if you can now have contact with the victim. Other people who would know would be the prosecutor who handled the case against you, and (maybe) a court clerk. The latter could look at the court papers and probably be able to see see if the order was extended on your sentencing date.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.