How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask attyadvisor Your Own Question
attyadvisor, Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 7061
Experience:  29 Years of Criminal Law experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
attyadvisor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] I was with my now ex for over two years and

Customer Question

Second opinion] I was with my now ex for over two years and we had some hardships in which he gave me his social security number and state id number to apply for him a job and apply for loans. He was turned down for all the loans but eventually started working. During this time my credit cards were not being paidasI went from one income supporting one person to one income supporting two people. Over the course of the relationship my credit score has decreased because of the credit cards not receiving payment and I had to apply/receive 6 loans just to make ends meet. Move forward to when he lost his job and then I applied for unemployment benefits for him. During the wait he stated that I could have his unemployment money to help pay for the bills. Before his money started coming he was arrested for stabbing me. While he was in jail the unemployment money came in and I got it out of his bank as he promised me that money. He has been released because he bailed out. Now he is threatening to get his money back after promising me that money. What options do I have to keep me safe and out of jail? I also would like to know if pursuing legal actions on him would be smart or even advisable as I am now almost $15,000 in debt. I would be willing to lower that to $13,000 as with his unemployment benefits that he said Icould have that totaled $1500.
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  attyadvisor replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. If you have nothing in writing it will be up to the court to decide. That being said you can have an oral contract. Have you filed restraining order against him? Where are you located so I can provide a link for local services and FREE consultation Attorneys in your area?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have filed a protective order through Tarrant County in Texas.
Expert:  attyadvisor replied 3 months ago.

I am glad you took that step. Unfortunately for him you have an agreement and he needs to honor the agreement or face a lawsuit. You don't have to settle for less. You can file a breach of contract against him.

Expert:  attyadvisor replied 3 months ago.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out. Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Expert:  attyadvisor replied 3 months ago.

Do you have any additional questions for me?