Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My son is in w in thorton pa. he had asked someone for

Customer Question
my son is in George...
my son is in George w hill in thorton pa. he had asked someone for Tylenol here are the guy gave him in some kind of drug it was not Tylenol so my son was caught with a hot urine plus he had gotten a tattoo now they're threatening them with the hole can he fight this he said he did not know he had drugs in his system
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: He was written up and taken out of the DUI building and sent down to the jail
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he just keeps say he didn t know it wasn t Tylenol he has a court hearing because he was supposed to be getting work release now they're threatening to take that away from him too
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: george w hill thorton pa
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/11/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 5 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. An inmate should never be taking any medication which is unauthorized or not given to him, by the jail. Moreover, they should not be trusting or taking anything given to them by another inmate, since they never know exactly what they are getting, as you see in this case. He has a right to contest this and be heard and have a hearing but it may not be a defense that he simply took something someone else had given him, since he is responsible for what is in his system.

thats my sons problem he doesn t think he his an iep. he trusted that he was getting Tylenol. he has been there since Dec 10 he was getting all his pack time . he was waiting to see if he could get work release. can he ask to see his judge and talk with her about this.

About what happened in the jail?

he was in jail since Dec 10th he was in the dui building. he had court he had to do prep 1 and was waiting to go back to court to see if he could have work release. he had a job in there .they gave hime a urine test this is how they found out it was hot. with that they moved him back down to the jail. plus they saw he has a new tattoo. he is waiting on his court hearing about the work release. so can he somehow get that court date pushed up. can he fight this hot urine he swears he thought it was Tylenol he does have an IEP he said he was 6 months clean and didn't want to do drugs anymore how much time can he get in the hole for this and can it wait till he goes back to court

If there is a legal basis to push up the court date, his attorney could motion the court and ask for it to be done, upon the showing of good cause. He can fight this and be heard and contest it and the burden would shift to him, to show and explain how this happened. As I shared, he is fully responsible for what goes into his body so if he took something from someone and it was illegal, it is not going to be a defense that he did not know. While I believe that he thought it was something else, that defense is not typically something that will be believed. Now, what he can try and get and do is a second chance, if possible, based upon this.

how much time can he be looking at in the hole

It depends what the jail policy is for a violation like this. It could be a few days, it may be 30 days. Depends on the range and his conduct so far, while he has been jailed.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Ely, Counselor at Law