Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a criminal record dating back to 1984 in Maine when I…

I have a criminal...

I have a criminal record dating back to 1984 in Maine when I sold a 1/4gram of powdered cocaine to an undercover police officer I met in a bar in Portland. But since we made the actual transaction in my vehicle,

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

They considered it trafficking. Then as recently as 2006 I was arrested for possesion for sales in CA. I am now seeing a girl from nh and she is serving violation time in NH and she is trying to transfer her parole to MA where I live but MA wont accept her based on my "criminal history in multiple states",,,

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes she filed an interstate compact

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes i have been out of trouble for ten years. We would get married if that will help matters, Her release date is Aug 7 2017

6/11/2017
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, MA has a right to use your entire record against you even if it is 10 years old. If you marry then this is good cause reason to appeal the MA decision to get them to agree to accept her parole supervision in MA, especially if you can prove that you are drug free since your last offense 10 years ago, that would go a long way with MA Probation and Parole to consider waiver and accepting her parole.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.