Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Maam I was falsely arrested and wrongfully pulled over by a…

Customer Question
Maam I was falsely...

Maam I was falsely arrested and wrongfully pulled over by a smith county ms deputy he illegally searched me without a female officer and he took me in a room alone while his privates was noticeable and talked to me about sex and drugs and what they make people do he also broke into my phone and got my number and texted me for about a month he charged me with dui no sobriety test and seized my medication without charging me with a possession charge then after bonding out added a careless driving ticket

Lawyer's Assistant: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.

At court my attorney said he violated my civil rights and constitutional law he wasn't certified and trained for dui and had no probable cause to pull me over

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ms I'm trying to file a civil lawsuit mississippi

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He was fired by the FBI for sexual allegations with female officers there is an ongoing investigation now undergoing by FBI and the sherriff department

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No maam

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/7/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

What Happened to your case? Has it been dismissed yet? What is question with regard to this

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it was dismissed but my public defender that went to court with me said I had a civil case bc he violated my rights and constitutional laws he has caused damaged to my kids by the way he done me that night they are scared I cant even go in a store where a police is with them with me when I get on road I have anxiety and panic attacks now

Just because a case was filed against you and dismissed does not mean that you have a suit for a false arrest. Cases can be dropped for many reasons, most of which have nothing to do with the innocence of the defendant. However, if it was determined that you were arrested without probable cause, then that would be a civil rights violation and you could have a winning suit.

Your lawyer has seen the evidence and I have not. So if he tells you that your civil rights were violated and as a result of that you sustained damages, you could consult with a local civil litigator who is experienced at suing government agencies. He could look at all the evidence and tell you whether the likelihood of success and the possible award would be worth the cost of the litigation.

Don't wait too long to look into it. Typically, these kinds of cases have a fairly short shelf life and, in many instances, you have to give the government timely notice that you're suing one of their agencies, or your suit could be disallowed.

Good luck.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
maam I was pulled over without probable cause and fasely arrested where do I need to start
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have 59 dollars

Phone calls are a premium service, which is why they cost more money. They are strictly optional. We can continue to type here on this question thread where you don't have to pay anything more.

You start by finding a civil litigator (trial attorney) who handles civil rights cases, which is what this would be.

Unfortunately, per the terms of service of this website, legal experts are not allowed to make direct referrals to specific lawyers or law firms. What I can do, however, is to direct you to the same services that lawyers themselves use when they need to find a lawyer in a particular field or state and don't know of one.

One such source would be the Mississippi Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. They charge around $50 for the referral and that fee includes a free half hour appointment with a lawyer.

http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/main.cfm?id=MS

To get still a wider range of possibilities, you can also check out a commercial lawyer referral service. There are many of them, but thwo that are highly regarded are www.Martindale.com and www.Avvo.com

Many of their lawyers are peer and client-rated, which you might find helpful to narrow down your choices.

If money is an issue, you may be able to get a lawyer interested in taking your case on contingency. That is where you would pay only the filing fees and incidental expenses. You only pay the lawyer after he wins or gets you a settlement and then he'd get about 40% of your award as his fee.

If your case is strong enough for a civil rights lawyer to believe he or she can win it and if the possible award is large enough for it to be worth it to the lawyer to defer his earnings, many civil lawyers will take a case on contingency.

Best of luck.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do u think I have a case at all he also transported my kids without a carseat to the jail

I think you have a case. These cases are tough to win, however, because the police almost always have probable cause for an an arrest . However, the lawyer who handled your case seems to think you have a good case and he or she had all of the facts about it. So it's worth sitting down and getting some free or low cost initial consultations from lawyers that actually do that kind of work.