Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was falsely arrested 3yrs ago by Town of Winnsboro but the…

I was falsely arrested...

I was falsely arrested 3yrs ago by Town of Winnsboro but the case was turned over to the county and just recently the case was dismissed, do I still have rights to sue the town for false arrest?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

South Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/18/2017
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and I may also have to respond to other customers.

There's a Two year statute of limitations on false imprisonment in South Carolina, so you would be time barred if it's been three years.

You can see the law as to this here.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD