Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

What is the sentence for involuntary manslaughter of two…

What is the sentence...

What is the sentence for involuntary manslaughter of two counts? not under the influence

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have not. I found I have a warrant as I am living in a different state and the court house is currently closed to know more information regarding my case

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If I can find out when my court date is, that would be great! If not, then I am okay with waiting until tomorrow for more information

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/17/2017
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and I may also have to respond to other customers.

In Kansas involuntary manslaughter is a level 4 felony charge. As such it has a possible incarceratory sentence of anywhere from 2 1/2 years in prison on up to 11 years, if you weren't under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The two counts could potentially run consecutive, meaning you could double that time.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD