How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3149
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to help my sister in law out with a possible

Customer Question

Good morning. I am trying to help my sister in law out with a possible case. we live in the state of Tennessee. her mother is in Ohio and has used her identity to commit several federal crimes.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes she has pages of charges that she received from a possible employer. she has had problems with getting jobs for years. she has four children.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: tennessee
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes. she does have a criminal background. however, when these crimes were committed she was incarcerated herself and could not have committed the crimes that were federal and that she believes were done by her mother in ohio.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney with Just Answer. I'm here to help! What specific questions did you have for me?