How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27109
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are you able to help me? I was recently ticketed for public

Customer Question

Hi are you able to help me?
JA: No. I'm the Criminal Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: Hi! I was recently ticketed for public lewdness/indecency/disordly conduct for being sexual in a park and the ticket was given by a park ranger. Will this show up on my record?
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Illinois in Peoria County
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have not They told me to pay the ticket and it should just come off of my record similar to a city ordinance. I just want to make sure this is correct.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I want to know the best way to handle this. It was given by a park officer and I am on court supervision for reckless driving driving over 25 mph
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.


I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and I may also have to respond to other customers.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.

If you were never booked and fingerprinted for this offense, it would not be on your record. The officer is correct if this is a local ordinance rather than a violation of the state penal law. What is the section of the law that you violated that is cited on the ticket?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The section was indecency/lewd/disorderly conduct
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.

I know that. What I need is the code numbers to see if it is a state or local matter. If local, it won't turn up on your record, just as the officer said. If state, it will.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The only numbers I see is 17-10301 for the incident number. Is this something that is easy to get expounged?
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.

A local ordinance should not show up on your criminal record, therefore there's no need or way to expunge it. The incident number isn't helpful.

However, from the facts and circumstances you gave me, the police officer was almost certainly telling you the truth. As a second offender already under court supervision, if this were a more serious matter, he would have taken you in and you'd have been formally arrested.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My fine is $105. I obviously plan on paying it. If someone were to look up my criminal and traffic record online like through my county's circuit clerk website is this likely to come up since it was just a park ordinance?
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.

My research indicates it should not turn up since it will not make the state database, just as, say, parking tickets don't turn up.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.