Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I get arrested day before yesterday for hit and run with a

Customer Question

Hi .. I get arrested day before yesterday for hit and run with a suspended lisence .. but the main thing is it's total false .. the truth is I get hit and I was trying escape while the 911 is on phone because the guy was trying to hit me .. I wanted to save myself from the guy .. now after get arrested I got out yesterday with a court date .. I lost the attorney number she gave me .. she wanted to send her some evidence to prove I was right .. now what I can do .. I don't have no idea ..
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: NYC
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.. just the public defender. And unfortunately I lost her card
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have an immigration prblem
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If you were appointed the public defender but forgot her name and number, you can call their office tomorrow, when they open speak with them and they will be able to look up your name and see who your attorney is. If you were in fear of your safety and life, you could have a legal defense, in regard to leaving the scene of the accident. If it can be shown they were trying to hit you and you were in danger and left and called 911, you could have a solid defense. Now, it may not excuse the fact that you were driving on a suspended license, since they could still proceed on that charge but could have a problem proving the intent needed and basis, for leaving the scene.