Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My cousin took some items from a store to the amount of

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** cousin took some items from a store to the amount of 267.00 the police arrest her and now she will see th judge next Friday, and we don't know what to do, on top of that she is on a visitors visa she is not from here
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: It happen last night and was in lebanon Pennsylvania
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No the judge that sow her last night ask for a 25000.00 bail
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well as far as o know this was her first time doing this kind of thing, also she is schedule to leave the country the 29 of may
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and I may also have to respond to other customers.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

She will likely be able to resolve this matter on her court date and be able to leave the country on time. The only reason bail is high is because she lives outside of the US and they see her as a flight risk. But this case is not very serious.

Can you get her a lawyer?