Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a friend in Stanley Corrections who was sentenced

Customer Question

I have a friend in Stanley Corrections who was sentenced under the law before truth in sentencing took place. A Para-legal inmate assisted him in petitioning the court to adjust his sentence to run concurrently rather than consecutively. He received a reply than he must now file a brief with the court within 45 days as to whether his request can be forwarded to the DA. How can he file this brief on his own and what forms are needed. Thank you for any help you can give.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: state of Wisconsin
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no, he cannot afford this. I have downloaded a packet of forms fro the law sschool at UW for his to do this pro se and will send those
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: His conviction was for the sexual assault of a teenage girl.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  attyadvisor replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. It will be my pleasure to assist you.

There are Pro Bono and legal aid Attorneys that can assist him as well as public defenders. Unfortunately only he or a licensed Attorney an show up in court on his behalf. Have you looked into these resources?

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, as your previous contributor had to leave, did you have any additional questions that you would like answered?