Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  16 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

I payed a guy 3K + to grow for me, I havnt meet the guy but

Customer Question

I payed a guy 3K + to grow weed for me, I havnt meet the guy but I know his full name, picture, wifes name and daughters name. He bailed on me and wouldn't reply to anything. Transactions have been made on westren union, and I am also only 20 years old. His "friend" told me he bailed and moved to maine. He also was involved in some criminal acts that I did not take part of. Will pursuing him get me my money back or will I get nowhere or even worse get into trouble?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses, but rest assured, I am working on your question. The website may offer a phone call option, but it is optional.

.

Courts won't enforce an illegal contract so if the person was supposed to illegally grow and then you were illegally buying the marijuana, then no court in the world is going to award you damages for this type of transaction. But since there is no proof that this actually happened, I don't see you getting in any more trouble. But since no judge would ever enforce an illegal contract or give you your money back from an illegal transaction gone wrong, there would not be any point in trying to sue the person for your money.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much