Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I need to know if I can find legal defense for my son in

Customer Question

I need to know if I can find legal defense for my son in Florida for a misdemenour criminal charge
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes. I can tell you the story
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not as far as the charges but he was arraigned, pre trial and trail and sent to jail. We paid $166 for ticker and $321 to get him out of jail. He had a nervous breakdown and is under care with Stewart Marchman. Then charge of false police report came up and I got that dropped. Now judge seems pissed and sent up charge of careless driving for the same accident my son already went to jail for
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Florida and all within the last 6 weeks. He is due in court again May 23rd
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and I may also have to respond to other customers.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately, per the terms of service of this website, legal experts are not allowed to represent JustAnswer customers, since JustAnswer is not a law firm. We are also not allowed to make direct referrals to specific lawyers or law firms. What I can do, however, is to direct you to the same services that lawyers themselves use when they need to find a lawyer in a particular field or state and don't know of one.

One such source would be the Florida Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. They charge around $50 for the referral and that fee includes a free half hour appointment with a lawyer.

<a id="FL" "="" data-cke-saved-href="http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/main.cfm?id=FL" href="http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/main.cfm?id=FL" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" style="background: transparent; border: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration-line: underline; color: rgb(27, 146, 171);">http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/main.cfm?id=FL

To get a wider range of choices, you could try to find a criminal lawyer through a commercial referral service. Two that have been around a long time and are well-respected are Martindale.com and Avvo.com. Many of their lawyers are peer and client-rated to help you narrow down your options.

Good luck!

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.