Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Does the ucc1-308 apply to possession of a controlled

Customer Question
substance JA: What state are you...
Does the ucc1-308 apply to possession of a controlled substance
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Idaho
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: My wife and I were arrested for possession of a controlled substance misdemeanor and felony class to
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was originally arrested for driving without privileges for my license being suspended because of nonpayment of child support for two months the police the police over ran a dog around the car I videotape everything the dog didn't do anything But run around the car they said that the dog here they search the truck found nothing then my my wife asked for a box of cleaning supplies and they found a can with the false bottom and meth and feta means in it. They didn't arrest both of us for possession of a controlled substance class 2 felony with intent. My wife bailed out immediately and I had to spend the weekend before my arraignment then I bailed out anything else I need to know
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/10/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The UCC and the criminal code are two separate entities. The UCC applies to civil contractual and business transactions. The civil codes do not apply in criminal cases. So, if someone is charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance, that is a violation of both state and federal controlled substances laws and that would not implicate the UCC at all.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Phone service is a premium request, I will send it to you to accept before I can call.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer