Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was charged with harassment in PA, however it was self

Customer Question

I was charged with harassment in PA, however it was self defense in my case. I can prove the "victim" lied in their statement to police. My intent was not to annoy or alarm but to clear my name from the slander the "victim" was spreading about me. THe "victim" has also continued to reach ex family members and my children after they filed charges. If I am able to factually prove these elements would that leave reasonable doubt as to the verdict, the police havent helped the situation as they have never followed up on any information I provided them with or asked for my evidence in the case. Right now, the case looks one sided.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: As stated previously PA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Please read the above
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and I may also have to respond to other customers.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I thought the lawyer would be from PA.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

Lawyers on this site are all over the country. All experienced criminal lawyers know how to deal with harassment cases and can look up and understand legal statutes elsewhere in the country.

Your question doesn't seem to be state specific and you did not specify that you only wanted a Pennsylvania lawyer. But I'll be happy to opt out for one if that's what you'd prefer. Let me know.

Otherwise, tell me what you specifically want to know about your situation so that I can provide you with an answer.