How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27757
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to find arrest information about an incident in

Customer Question

I want to find arrest information about an incident in Connecticut in 2004? They were charged with vehicular manslaughter but it was reduced to "driving at an unsafe speed". I have the person's name. How do I get this information?
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.


I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and I may also have to respond to other customers.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

If you need it for litigation, you could subpoena this defendant's records.

Otherwise, arrests are matters of public record, so you may be able to get some information by calling the court where his case would have been held and letting a clerk run his name through their database and seeing what he'd be able to tell you.

If the clerk won't do it for you, another option would be to subscribe to one of those commercial background checking sites, such as or, or see if you can find it free on a site like

Ultimately, if you get nowhere, you could put in a request through the Connecticut Freedom of Information Act.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How can I do this online, even if I have to pay. Aren't there sites that give you arrest records for a person?
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

Yes, there are commercial site that have public records. I gave you two of them in my response. There's also this court site.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.