Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I am a Florida resident with an extensive background in

I am a Florida resident with an extensive background in Horticulture. IN 1986 I received a felony conviction. I have a job offer to work in a legally licensed Marijuana grow operation in Oregon. Will my felony conviction prevent me from being employed in the state of Oregon
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: The state is Oregon and In 1986 I caught my best friend and finance together and I shot and killed him. I pled to second degree murder and did 10 yrs. I was released in 1997. I have no other convictions.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do you mean? Filed or reported? Of course my conviction is on file!
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just that one question? Will my 1986 felony conviction in Florida prevent me from being employed in a legal marijuana grow operation in the state of Oregon

I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and I may also have to respond to other customers.

It should not. The rules regarding eligibility are found in OAR(###) ###-####

***-***-**** Marijuana Worker Permit Denial Criteria

(1)The Commission must deny an initial or renewal application if the applicant:

(a) Is not 21 years of age or older;

(b) Has had a marijuana license or worker permit revoked for violation of ORS 475B.010 to 475B.395 or any rule adopted under ORS 475B.010 to 475B.395 within two years of the date of the application;

(2) The Commission may deny an initial or renewal application, if the applicant:

(a) Has been convicted of a felony for possession, manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance or an offense under ORS 475.856, 475.858, 475.860 or 475.862 Effective January 1, 2017 Page 64 of 90 within three years of the date the Commission received the application, except that the Commission will not consider convictions for:

(A) Possession of marijuana; or

(B) Manufacture or delivery of marijuana if the date of the conviction is two or more years prior to the date of the application or renewal.

(b) Has been convicted of a felony for a crime involving violence within three years of the date the Commission received the application;

(c) Has been convicted of a felony for a crime of dishonesty or deception, including but not limited to theft, fraud, or forgery, within three years of the date the Commission received the application;

(d) Has more than one conviction for any of the crimes listed in subsections (a) to (c) of this section within five years of the date the Commission received the application;

(e) Has violated any provision of ORS 475B.010 to 475B.395 or any rule adopted under ORS 475B.010 to 475B.395; or

(f) Makes a false statement to the Commission.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your accurate and swift response