Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I haven't gone to court yet over a theft charge. I also

Customer Question
I haven't gone to...

I haven't gone to court yet over a theft charge. I also haven't been convicted of anything. It's almost time for me to renew my cna license in arkansas. This is my first offense ever can it show up when I go to renew my license?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I just recently moved back to here when I caught the charge so I don't have a job yet. I talked to a lawyer and they advised me to plead not guilty so then maybe I can get a plea bargin

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I get the charge dropped to something else like disorderly conduct and get into a diversion program so it won't show up as a theft charge on my record?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/3/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and I may also have to respond to other customers.

Have you been booked (photographed and fingerprinted) for this offense yet. If not, it should not yet appear on your record. If you have been, it will be there as an open case.

A prosecutor has the ability to reduce the charges or substitute a plea to disorderly conduct. Whether he or she will be inclined to do so for you is entirely and his or her discretion. However, even if this case is reduced or dismissed, the arrest and the original charge will show on your record unless your state's law would allow you to expunge it from your record.