Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Second opinion] During trial and post trial, court will

document the profession, current employer...
Second opinion] During trial and post trial, court will document the profession, current employer, family details etc. Do you think current employer will come to know about court proceedings, if they not conducting criminal background checks. During court media agencies are also available in trial room.My concern about maintain the privacy of case, so person not loose the current job. Who are the people available in trial room, can it be opened for general public also
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/20/2017
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Arrests are a matter of public record and all court proceedings are open to the public as well. Anyone who wants to walk into a courtroom and observe is free to do so. That said, there isn't any reason to expect an employer to show up. They are not going to get notice from the court of the proceedings.

In some communities, the name of arrestees get published in the paper, so I cannot say with certainty that the defendant's employer will not learn of the offense, but the fact that a defendant has a job he doesn't want to lose is not sufficient grounds to seal a courtroom.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD