legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

Eep, I am 21 and on probation. I have epilepsy and was able

Customer Question

eep
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am 21 and on probation. I have epilepsy and was able to get a medical marijana card to treat my epilepsy. I told my probation I was going to get it.
JA: What was the underlying criminal offense?
Customer: stealing change out of cars when I was 17.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am in florida and medical marijana is legal for epilepsy. Can my probation officer keep me from getting this prescription . I looked it up and it is legal in florida for someone on probatiion to take medical marijana if prescribed by a doctor.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael Gonzalez replied 4 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.It's not possible to determine how medical marijuana will affect probationers. However, in states where medical marijuana is legal, many of them do not prohibit the legal use of medical marijuana to probationers.
California, Arizona, and Colorado's laws now specifically provide for probationers to be allowed medical marijuana. Michigan has no law in place but takes up the issue of a violation of probation on a case-by-case basis, as do some other states.
What Florida will do remains to be seen.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
florida is legal for medical marijana says I can use medical marijuana on probation, My probation officer says I can't because my charges were felonies. I have never heard of seen that.
when I was 17. (took change out of cars). I am 21 now and still on probation. I have epilepsy. What does the law say.
Expert:  Michael Gonzalez replied 3 months ago.
I know of no cases deciding this issue yet in Florida. But I will opt out to allow an another expert to respond.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please try to get me an answer
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Florida is legal for medical marijuana says I can use medical marijuana on probation, My probation officer says I can't because my charges were felonies including a drug charge that I had small amount of marijuana and one small piece of cocaine on me. I have never heard of seen that.
I am 21 now and still on probation. I have epilepsy. What does the law say.
Expert:  legalgems replied 3 months ago.

Hello; i see your professional opted out; did you still need assistance on the abov?