Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was under anesthesia and at night called a chat line. One

Customer Question

I was under anesthesia and at night called a chat line. One woman asked me to leave my number saying she will call me back. She never did although I left the number twice. Next afternoon I get a call from a blocked no saying they are the police from another state and I was talking to a minor and I would be arrested and sent to their state. I never talked to anyone from that state and only left the number for this one person. When they called I was in pain from surgery and don't recall the exact conversation. However they got me to admit I was on the line but I denied talking to a minor or offering to go that state to see the person I had given my number to.
Next day I had two calls from that state which I did not answer and the next day many calls with numbers I cannot trace from different states. I was mostly talking innocently about politics and another persons doomed marriage etc. there was one seemingly young person from a different state who I did ask to exchange tel nos but she refused saying she does not exchange numbers.
I did not answer any of those calls. But they keep coming and they can easily trace my addresss and relatives etc from a reverse search.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?