Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I had a little conversation with a girl and she offered

Customer Question

Hi i had a little conversation with a girl and she offered rates. Can i get arrested?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Kentucky
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

Did you ask her what she charged for sexual services? What happened after she told you rates?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
39;Would u like to book ? If so what time ? 65qv 75hh 175h'
She said that.
I asked her do you come
She said no
The only mistake i made i guess was "Alright so how many shots is half hour? And 1 hour?"
We were joking about this my friend gave this number and we were just having fun
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I said at 8 depends on location.
She replied with location.
I asked for a picture and she said view my add.
I asked where is that and she never replied after that
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

Thanks.

Give me a couple of minutes to type a full reply.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Alright i am waiting
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

Here's the statute for prostitution in your state.

529.020 Prostitution.

(1) Except as provided in KRS 529.120, a person is guilty of prostitution when he engages or agrees or offers to engage in sexual conduct with another person in return for a fee.

(2) Prostitution is a Class B misdemeanor.

Arguably you could be charged with a crime. However, she's not going to report you, because she would have to admit to a crime in order to do so. And she's unlikely to be an undercover officer or they would have pressed you to make the date and show up.

Typically, police arrest johns when they come to keep the assignation, because even though police can figure out to whom a phone is registered, they cannot prove whose making the call unless/until he keeps the appointment.

All the same, what you did was unwise to say the least. You could have walked into a sting, or worse yet, a blackmailer. You appear to have dodged a bullet this time, there can be potentially serious consequences to doing something like this just for fun.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks By the way just sent a message with 'hey' and that was 5 days ago and today i recieved a direct message to book.
This happened like 2 hours ago. So if it is a sting for how long shall i be worried for it?
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

Don't respond to the message to book and block the number.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well i already responded 'do you come'.
As i have posted those messages in my earlier messages.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

I know that. Don't respond any further. As I indicated, the police will generally wait until you show up to keep the date if this is a sting. So just have no further communication.

The statute of limitations doesn't run out on a misdemeanor for a year in Kentucky. So it will take a year for you to be out of the woods if the police are involved. If this is a sting, however, and the police do want to pursue you even if you don't formally make and keep the date, they would likely do this within the next week or two.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.