Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Someone is accusing me of breaking a windshield that I

Customer Question
didn't break and has...
Someone is accusing me of breaking a windshield that I didn't break and has filed a restraining order on me with a false police report I have video of her saying that she's going to lie on me in court and text messages of her wanting a relationship back that I have no interest in and because of this she's lying on me I even have proof that I was home the night of her incident
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nj
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's all
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
4/17/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 7 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

What is the question you want to ask about this incident?

I'm being falsely accused by someone that I had a faking out with her windshield was broken and she's accusing me

Has she filed charges against you? When you say she's falsely accused you, how and where has she done this? How is it that you have a video of this person? Was she aware you were making the video? Were you both in New Jersey when you made the video?

And finally, what is the question you want to ask about this incident?

We had an argument on 4/5. And. We decided to go our separate ways I haven't seen her since 3/28. On 4/7 she claims her car was vandalized she's claiming that i through a rock through her rear windshield . Which isn't true. My geographical map records via iOS on all of my devices state where I was the night in question. She said she filed a restraining order on me and I asked her why and she said because she thinks I did it. She said she had a restraining order so I didn't contact her. She called me 4 days ago while she was in Mexico and she was extremely irate and telling me she was gonna lie in court and that's when I took my other device and I recorded her stating that ... she's angry over what we said in an argument and she wasn't to hurt me emotionally but I don't have any feelings toward her so she's trying to lie on me in court she's accusing me of verbal abuse and although we said some nasty things to each other. None of what she said in the report was true she says that we were arguing in December and I met her December 21st my first time seeing her was dec 24th she claimed I called her her adding names and I did but only on 4/5 never prior. She told me to give her $500 to make the case go away and I told her no because I haven't done anything to her. Or her vehicle. I wasn't sure how true it was that she had the restraining order until today when police officers delivered the papers ... I don't want anything from her I just want to be left alone and to get my name cleared of all of this and put this behind me. I didn't vandalize her car and I just want to be left alone

Sorry for the delay. I had to take a customer phone call.

It appears this person has not had you arrested but has asked for a civil protective order. You would be able to fight this before the judge at a hearing. The purpose of the hearing would be to convert the temporary restraining order into a permanent order.

She would have to show evidence showing that the allegations she made were true and that she has reason to need a protective order. You in turn could show the evidence that you've amassed to show that she's a liar.

The judge would then rule on the evidence and either lift the order or extend it.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD