Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I lowered my comprehensive deductible for vehucle I had just…

Customer Question
I lowered my comprehensive deductible...
I lowered my comprehensive deductible for vehucle I had just gotten bqck to use from fqmily member. The car was having issues starting and I thought was vattery or starter. In four weeks car stilll had problems and found out maybhave been damaged by water and flooding so I made a call to tow car for possible flood damage. Within three days usaa paid claim into my bqnk without talking to me. Then qlmost immediately withdrew it (how i dont know) still no one spoke to m now they are investigating claim (which I withdrew as I am qpplying for fellowship qnd dont need hassle) I also changed insurance companies. USAA continues to call new mechanic who now wont work on car but dis not call other witnesses. I withdrew claim qnd I want USAA to stop whole matter. Why are they continuing this? Also the car still not running even after we paid to have possible flood damage fixed. Also, some anonymous call they say causes investigation.What can I do to just stop harassment and why are they doing this for less than 700?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
4/2/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question. The insurance carrier has an absolute right under the law and the terms of your policy to investigate and pursue a possible fraudulent claim. It wouldn't matter if you withdrew the claim or that they got their money back since it is a criminal act. So, from a legal perspective, this is not harassment as they have a legal right to do this. That said, you are free to file a complaint with the Tennessee Department of Insurance and let them investigate the issue. However, as mentioned, it is not likely to resolve or end USAA's investigation. Once they have what they believe to be the complete picture, they will make their resolution and either close the case or refer it for prosecution.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the ratings box on this page of my efforts to explain the law of your issue, then the Site will give me credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is your Entire answer?I knew that. What can be done to stop this? I did nothing wrong. The company has lied to me about who contacted or what was said, no one agrees whatbis weong ith the car still not fixed and I have a great job offer this will damage.How do I stop this? They have engeged in bad faith and not performd fwir investigation and when I withdrew my claim Inwithdrew anybrelease and they have contacted the new mechanic we yad look at car with no release or claim pending and cqused trouble. It is fornless than 700 or so and after we rixed it ourselves it so ill does not work.their comments to the mechqnic made him quit work and the witnesses have not been contacted and they lied about this.This is abusive and we wqnt it stopped. How do we stop this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If that is your entire answer that is no help and gave information we already knew.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry for typos my iphone is malfunctioning.But, what can be done to stop this bad faith and what can we expect if they attempt to falsely chqrge us? Mynunderrstanding is that this is unusual as claim withdrawn usually they dont pursue this and they have lied repeatedly about what witnesses they called (specific witnesses were not contacted they claim refused to talk and othhers theynrefused to interview)They did not speak with me prior tonpaying claim then withdrawing funds in three days. I stated i did not know when damqge occurred for sure when towed. We had three other mechqnics try to fix car before claim (as stated only spoke once to insurance to get towed before paid claim) they hqve not interviewed many witnesses in aupport of truth.It IS ,BAD faith if do not perform fqir investigation.How do we atop this or should reinstate claim if they continue?