Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My 17 year old son was arrested Thursday night on 2 counts…

Customer Question
My 17 year old son...
My 17 year old son was arrested Thursday night on 2 counts of distribution of Marijuana. The judge set his bond at $10k... I posted his bail and he still is not released. They didn't process the paperwork in a time manner and yesterday another charge was added... violation of CDS law.This is his first offense... I have no idea what to do next
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 2 days by:
4/4/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 year ago
Nisha Jones

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

I'm sorry to hear about your son's situation. The good news is that this is his first offense so he will most likely qualify for what's knows as pre-trial diversion. It's a program where he completes rehabilitation classes, undergoes random drug testing, community service, and/or a fine. Once he successfully completes the terms of his program, the charges against him are dismissed.

He most likely has not been released because an additional bond amount will have to be paid for the new charge that was added.

What state is he located in?

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!