Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

What happens if you cash a insurance check written out to…

Customer Question
What happens if you...

What happens if you cash a insurance check written out to you?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

New york

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/21/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Is the check made out to just you? What are you being reimbursed for?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Me
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My son had cancer and we have gotten many checks sent to us and usual the office tells us it's for them but this check no one has said anything was owed

If it's made out to you, there's no legal reason it can't be cashed. If it's supposed to go a creditor, you'll be told that and would be expected to pay it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will it be a matter of collections or court to get the funds owed if I did in fact owe that?

Collections first. Then court.

If you require additional information, please post your follow up here on this question thread, and I’ll be happy to provide it.