Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Probation I am on probation for sexually abusing my

Customer Question
Probation I am on...

Probation I am on probation for sexually abusing my granddaughter. The sentence includes an order of protection which applies until she is 22. Is it possible to modify the sentence so that the order expires when she is 18?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New york superior court

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm 78.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/21/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 1 year ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. It would be at the discretion of the Judge. A motion to modify the sentence and reduce the time in which the order of protection is imposed, would need to be filed. You would need to present good cause and a valid argument, as to why this should be done and the Judge may want to hear from the victim and the State as well. Worse case, it is denied but you can try and modify/reduce it.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty