Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

How does the State of I have to arrest a person/s after

Customer Question

how long does the State of I have to arrest a person/s after anaccusation is made?? there has been just under a 3 month window between the time I was falsely accused or taking a card and using it (without permission) and the card owner writting a statement against me today. JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen? Customer: Wamac, IL; at The Ind****** on wabash Ave cross from the industrial park, back in December (12/25/16 if memory serves correctly) JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet? Customer: not yet. I was awaken at 10 by a police officer literally beating on my metal front door loudly enough we woke myself and my boyfriend up (we sleep in the back bedroom,door shut, and music turned up at night). he said someone had written a statement against me fraud ad that i needed to come to the police office to speak with him, I asked several times if I was in trouble. He kept saying no, but that we needed to speak. we agreed to meet at Centralia Police Department within 15-20 minutes JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: as soon as I was seated in the interview room, I was read my rights and informed that I was being placed under arrested for forgery ( the officer bounced between using words like forgery and fraud). The officer at one point said that if I told him the truth I'd walk out of the station today, but if i wanted to lie to him he'd be transferring me over to county jail (my guess is he meant in Clinton county) I was also informed that Wamac PD is looking for me for a theft card in the same related case, when Wamac PD was notified that Centralia had me in cusotdy, the officer from Wamac said he wasn't worried about it.

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 7 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your question to just answer today. This is attorney Bill offering legal information specific to your concerns.

Sometimes , I will need some more information surrounding your question.

There a three year statute of limitations for felony fraud and forgey, 18 months for a misdemeanour.

“§ 3-5.  General Limitations.

(a) A prosecution for:  (1) first degree murder, attempt to commit first degree murder, second degree murder, involuntary manslaughter, reckless homicide, leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident involving death or personal injuries under Section 11-401 of the Illinois Vehicle Code, failing to give information and render aid under Section 11-403 of the Illinois Vehicle Code, concealment of homicidal death, treason, arson, residential arson, aggravated arson, forgery, child pornography under paragraph (1) of subsection (a) of Section 11-20.1, aggravated child pornography under paragraph (1) of subsection (a) of Section 11-20.1B, or (2) any offense involving sexual conduct or sexual penetration, as defined by Section 11-0.1 of this Code in which the DNA profile of the offender is obtained and entered into a DNA database within 10 years after the commission of the offense, may be commenced at any time.  Clause (2) of this subsection (a) applies if either:  (i) the victim reported the offense to law enforcement authorities within 3 years after the commission of the offense unless a longer period for reporting the offense to law enforcement authorities is provided in Section 3-6 or (ii) the victim is murdered during the course of the offense or within 2 years after the commission of the offense.

In relation to your questioning at the station, if you have not yet formally been charged with an offense, you were free to go and didn’t have to answer any questions.

It may be possible to have some of your statements declared inadmissible; you should consult with a local criminal defence attorney in this regard.

Please be patient for my follow up and answer when you request additional clarification or information and REMEMBER TO RATE POSITIVELY TODAY FOR THE INFORMATION RECEIVED.

Please remember to rate positively my response before exiting.

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND RESPONSE

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer,

I would like to follow up with you on your question in which I replied to a few days ago and gave an answer. Do you need any more information ?

When Finished PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE EXPERTS COUNT ON POSITIVE RATINGS

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND REPONSE PREVIOUSLY

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill