Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I had 2 misdemeanors for petty theft in 2012 and 2013. I am…

Customer Question
Hi! i had 2...

Hi! i had 2 misdemeanors for petty theft in 2012 and 2013. I am off probation and all my fines have been paid + got the therapy I needed. If i expunge these records, will it still show on my DOJ finger livescan?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

In the state of California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No not yet!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats it so far! i want to understand more about expungement for misdemeanors

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/4/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks!

Yes, it will, but it will show up as an arrest and a dismissal and not as a conviction. To remove the arrest record you would need to get a certificate of actual innocence, for which you would not be eligible.