Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have recently obtained drugs charges within my home and

Customer Question

I have recently obtained drugs charges within my home and one of trafficking. I work in Child care and have for the same company for 6-7 years. The owner has recently received information about the charges and the raid. They told me that if I could produce proof of my whereabouts on the day this happened, (the police that morning advised me to tell them I was going to see my sister who had an accident that morning), they would have to go to the dept and investigate the matter
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: vic
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: i spoke to one briefly yesterday and they told me not to admit to anything to my job as they can make a statement against me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes Also, the owner has recently sold to another company and i need to fill out new forms and contracts. Their is a section that asks about pending charges and i would have to tick yes. How could this damage my employment?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Where did this occur? What state?