Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My boyfriend has been on probation for about 10 months he

Customer Question
completed his classes, got a...
My boyfriend has been on probation for about 10 months he completed his classes, got a full time job, and a place within that time. Yesterday he took his second drug test. What i didn't know is that he used fake urine because he was scared. He recently smoked marijuana which is not the best decision. This is the second drug test he failed in a long time. He failed one a long time ago and been clean ever since and he slipped up again. What will happen?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: He tried to get in touch with his attorney but he did not respond
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is about it I just need to know what could possibly happen
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/10/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Did he get caught using the fake urine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
he told the truth that he was afraid, they asked him to drop again and he did
Okay, thank you. On this website, I do not always get to give good news, and this is one of these times.
1) He can be charged with another charge all together for using the prop/fake urine. This would be a misdemeanor; and/or
2) He can face violation of probation for failing the UA. This means he would have to go before the Judge, who would decide whether to give him another chance, or, to revoke his probation and send him to jail.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of THREE OR MORE STARS and then click FINISH to submit that rating, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating (it does not cost anything extra to rate).
Ely, Counselor at Law