Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

If I signed a plea bargain with all my charges to be

Customer Question
If I signed a plea...

If I signed a plea bargain with all my charges to be included in it. I signed a guilty plea to possession and was to have all other charges dismissed and remitted. When I went for a payment review 3 months later they surprise my lawyer and I with a grand jury indictment after it had been around 3 years since the arrest for these charges that were included in the plea bargain had occurred. I apply for another attorney since mine said that we had handled all my charges the first time and he was not appointed to represent me on this new charge which they had for me. However, I served 337 days in the county when arrested and did not make bail until then when released on an OR Bond 11 months later. I was denied the right to representation and double Jeopardy but cant fight it with out a lawyer the judge told me when I brought this to his attention. I ask my lawyer what I was supposed to do he said to hire a lawyer and I told him he was my lawyer but he said " What do you want me to do about it its just double jeopardy, Ange***" I told him to do his danged job and defend me is what I want you to do about it! What can I do about them railroading me?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/8/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 10 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

But first, was your first attorney a public defender?

Just checking in to see if you still need help. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Ely, Counselor at Law