Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I am on probation with the Sate of Oregon for a Dui.Last

Customer Question
week I tested positive for...
i am on probation with the Sate of Oregon for a Dui.Last week I tested positive for THC. Never have tried it and do not want to.My husband does he always smokes outside. How could have been transmitted to me? My home hone is(###) ###-####
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/8/2017
Criminal Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

According to NORML, a group devoted to marijuana legalization, this test itself is prone to errors. Human errors, such as labeling errors, inadequate training of laboratory staff and fatigue or boredom are also possible and capable of producing a false positive result.

Protonix

Protonix--generic name pantoprazole sodium--is a proton pump inhibitor used in the treatment of GERD. Protonix' manufacturer warns that it can cause a false positive reading for marijuana, according to Drugs.com. People taking Protonix should always bring the prescription bottle with them to show the laboratory staff when drug testing is done.

NSAIDs

NSAIDs, or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, such as ibuprofen, Orudis KT, Advil, Motrin and Aleve, were once thought to cause false positive readings for marijuana. According to NORML, this is no longer the case due to improved testing methods. Other sources, such as Star Detox, still list the above medications as being able to cause false positive readings for marijuana. The best thing to do would be to bring all medication bottles with you when you are tested.

Dronabinol

Marinol, generic name dronabinol, is a medication widely used to combat the nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy, according to the U. S. Drug Enforcement Agency. The active ingredient in Marinol is synthetic THC. It is also called "medical marijuana" and will cause a positive reading for marijuana in a drug test. Anyone on Marinol therapy should bring their prescription bottle with them when having any drug testing done.

Other Factors Thought To Cause A False Positive

Hemp seed oil, kidney disease, diabetes, liver disease and riboflavin, or B2, are also thought to be capable of causing a false positive result on a drug screen for marijuana, according to Star Detox.

Any of this and the smoking by the husband can mean you inhale it second hand.You can ask here for a retest to see if it was lab error here or something else.

You really need to have husband quit here, you have too much at risk.At worst this is minor violation it would not cause you to have probation revoked.But definitely you need to get the husband to not smoke around you at all.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again and the best.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer