Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I want to know if this person is a scammer. ***********.

Customer Question

I want to know if this person is a scammer. ***********. Kings Beach ca. Phone #************. I can attach a photo. Thanks. Roxanne

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I need a little more information. Where does he claim to be from, where does he claim to be now, how you met, etc.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
On a dating site we met. He claims to be in Kings beach Tahoe ca. He says he is from Hungary originally. That's all I know.
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Okay. Does he say that he is a US Citizen or US Lawful Permanent Resident? Or simply here on a visa? Or, not sure?
Finally, has he asked you for money?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He didn't say and no he has not asked for money.
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. Is there ANY way you can ask whether he is a US Citizen or LPR, and then reply back to me? This would be VERY HELPFUL. Without this, it is impossible to verify.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will try.
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Okay, thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He said he is a citizen.
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. Nothing is coming up matching him. But you can double check. Ask him for his SSN and DOB. If he gives it to you, run it though here:
www.ssnvalidator.com/
It should come back verifying the SSN, and, matching it to a DOB range. Only if that comes back would that mean that he may be "real."
Gentle Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE THREE OR MORE STARS and click FINISH to submit your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.