CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

Five years ago, I was convicted of a DUI in California,

Customer Question

Five years ago, I was convicted of a DUI in California, while teaching. After I completed my sentence, I had the case expunged. I have since retired and relocated in California, and wish to substitute teach utilizing my California credential. The applications ask the question, "Have you been convicted of a misdemenor?" If I answwer, no, and they (somehow) discover the old DUI, this would eliminate me for the position(s). How should I anser the question?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. The having a record expunged, does prevent the general public from seeing it. However, when working with children, the elderly or in government positions, records can still be seen and revealed. As such, the decision to hire you or anyone with a record, would be on a case by case basis. I do not necessarily think that if you answer No and they see it it would automatically disqualify you, if they wanted to hire you but they would certainly want more information and to speak with you and address this with you.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No thanks. All good.
My pleasure and thank you again. I just kindly ask that you rate my help at the top then at this time just so the site will provide me with the proper credit. Thank you