Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I need to know what the state of Nebraska criminal nuisance

Customer Question
laws are JA: Has anything been...
I need to know what the state of Nebraska criminal nuisance laws are
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Our city council is threatening to charge us but I don't know exactly what law they can use? My husband has a towing and recovery business, we are in a small town of around 400 people, the zoning committee voted to make it commercial instead of residential but the mayor said NO that will never happen, they are discriminating against us.
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: What state are you in?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are in Nebraska
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/5/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 10 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

This is Nebraska's nuisance law. It's a class III misdemeanor. It doesn't appear to quite fit your situation however. I suspect there are local nuisance laws in your city code, and that's what you'd be charged with violating. If you give me your city I may be able to track it down for you.

Here's Omaha's, for example, and this can be quite a costly offense.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD