How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26788
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have community service. I have done 53 hours, but I have

Customer Question

i have community service. I have done 53 hours, but I have incurred health issues. Broken vertebrae, compressed disc, pinched nerve etc. I can get documentation. Lucky I can get out of bed and get to the couch. Need to take care of this. How does this work ?
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: CT
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: He's on vacation. Holidays and all that. Have my docket, case numbers.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure what else I need, but can find necessary paperwork. He knows my situation but will probably have to go over it again. probation officer Carly Johnson, Clinton, CT. No complaints, she is very nice. I just want this done.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 months ago.

If you're physically not able to complete your community service you have to let your lawyer and your probation officer know. So long as you can document injuries like this, there should be no problem getting an extension from the court to complete your hours when you're back on your feet. The judge may even be willing to waive further community service for you given the circumstances.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Related Criminal Law Questions