How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3151
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I have been placed on deferred adjudication, do I have

Customer Question

If I have been placed on deferred adjudication, do I have the right to petition the court for an order of non-disclosure while on probation?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas Henderson County
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not about this particular question
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 months ago.

Good morning. This is an option once the probation/program is successfully completed/ It is not something that can or would be done while it is pending and it would be after the fact, that you could seek the non-disclosure. The reason for this is because the State makes to know and make sure you complete the program and while on probation, are still subject to supervision by the State and something which can be seen and revealed.