How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33397
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid cash to the court on one charge. He is now in custody

Customer Question

I paid cash to the court on one charge. He is now in custody in a different county with 6 felonies pending. He will try to escape. Not sure how to revoke since I didn't use the bail bonds. Or if I can?
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: New Mexico
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: original was transfer and receiving stolen vehicle. Now its armed robbery, assault, witness intimidation. all kinds of crazy. Just a bonds person who said I could motion to revoke due to the changes in charges. Increased flight risk.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He wont want to go back to prison, if he is released he will run.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.

You can file a Motion to Be Released as Surety but those are reasonably difficult, have to have a hearing, and there are no forms available that I am aware of so you probably want to hire a lawyer. However, it is almost certain the judge will grant the request if you use a lawyer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. I will consider the cost versus the chance he will escape.....
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.

You may want to call around and get some prices from attorneys. You can find one by going to and in the section for Area of Practice enter Criminal Law or Civil Litigation. That will give you a list of lawyers in the area. I wouldn't think that this would be a terribly expensive procedure.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Related Criminal Law Questions