Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I paid cash to the court on one charge. He is now in custody

Customer Question
in a different county with...
I paid cash to the court on one charge. He is now in custody in a different county with 6 felonies pending. He will try to escape. Not sure how to revoke since I didn't use the bail bonds. Or if I can?
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: New Mexico
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: original was transfer and receiving stolen vehicle. Now its armed robbery, assault, witness intimidation. all kinds of crazy. Just a bonds person who said I could motion to revoke due to the changes in charges. Increased flight risk.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He wont want to go back to prison, if he is released he will run.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/30/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

You can file a Motion to Be Released as Surety but those are reasonably difficult, have to have a hearing, and there are no forms available that I am aware of so you probably want to hire a lawyer. However, it is almost certain the judge will grant the request if you use a lawyer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. I will consider the cost versus the chance he will escape.....

You may want to call around and get some prices from attorneys. You can find one by going to www.lawyers.com and in the section for Area of Practice enter Criminal Law or Civil Litigation. That will give you a list of lawyers in the area. I wouldn't think that this would be a terribly expensive procedure.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer