Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Second opinion] - online criminal record displays count

charge as "trafficking cocaine 401+...
Second opinion] - online criminal record displays count charge as "trafficking cocaine 401+ grams; however, the negotiated plea court signed document displays count charge as "trafficking cocaine less than 200 grams" what is the process on how to confirm which one is correct and if the latter is correct count, how can it be corrected? thank you; your response is appreciated.
Answered in 1 day by:
12/26/2016
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The charge in the computer is what the original charge is. The conviction record in the court with the plea agreement deal would be the official conviction record. You can file a motion in the court to correct the computer record, which is where you ask the court to order the clerk to update the computer record to reflect the correct conviction.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer