Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I am trying to understand charges of a family member.

Customer Question
Hi / I am trying...
Hi / I am trying to understand charges of a family member.
JA: Have charges been filed in this matter? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: Booking Information Incarceration 09-DEC-2016
Book & Case Number:(###) ###-####Current Housing Facility: EHPW (Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward)
Arrest Date: 09-DEC-2016
Arrest Number: Q16658702J
Next Court Date: 23-DEC-2016
Bail Status: remanded
Charge Information
Docket:
Indictment:
Court Part:
Court Name:
Charge:
2016QN054117###-##-####AP5
Queens Crim. Ct.
FOA 900.00 ZT
Docket:
Indictment:
Court Part:
Court Name:
Charge:
/
/
2016QN054116###-##-####AP6
Queens Crim. Ct.
265.03 FC (CRIM POSS WEAPON-2ND DEGREE C Felony)
265.01 MA (CRIM POSS WEAP - 4TH DEG A Misdemeanor)
Warrants
Warrant # Type Charge Severity
10162634 Other Jurisdiction F
JA: In what state did this occur? And has an attorney been consulted?
Customer: NY / I am not sure.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just wanting to find out what all this means.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you please not post this information on your website? I
12/14/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Brandon M., Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law

Good evening:

​According to the information provided, the individual has been charged with two counts of violating NY Penal Law section 265.03, "criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree", and one count of violating NY Penal Law section 265.01, "criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree". That's two Class E Felonies and one Class A Misdemeanor.

Let me know if further clarification is needed, and please feel free to leave a rating once you are finished (it does not cost anything extra to do so and it is the only way I may be credited for my answers.) Thank you!

My apologies. I meant to say that the charges are two Class "C" felonies, and one Class "A" misdemeanor. I apologize for any confusion. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the Dec 23 court date / and is the 900.000ZT mean?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What does it mean by bail remanded

​900.000ZT means that he has an arrest warrant out for him in another jurisdiction, and he's being held so that it can be determined whether he will be extradited.

​It doesn't say what the December 23 court date is regarding. It might be an arraignment, or it could be an extradition hearing, or it could be something else. It just doesn't say.

Brandon M.
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law