Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I need to travel from *** to *** on family emergency but i

Customer Question

I need to travel from *** to *** on family emergency but i have warrants in ***
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: 10 yrs ago. Warrant is in virginia. I want to travel domestically.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello

Hello. Did you have a specific question you needed assistance with?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i do. If i have warrants in va, will i be safe travelling from washington state to california

What are the warrants for?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
DRug possesion

If you are pulled over anywhere for speeding, a broken taillight, etc and they run your license then there is certainly a chance that the warrants will show up from the warrant database and you could be arrested and help waiting for extradition to VA. So long as you don't get stopped or have your license ran for any reason then there is no reason you should be at any more of a risk than you would be just being wherever you live.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Would i be able to fly to california without any issues?

Usually so. It depends on whether they have your info on the airline databases, which they usually don't. I know a lot of people who have flown with warrants and not gotten stopped.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Felony drug warrants?

Felony warrants. The only ones that would make a difference would be something related to terrorism but other than that all felonies would be equal.