Criminal Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified criminal lawyer who will answer your question

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer

More related answers
All criminal lawyers are VERIFIED
When a new sheriff takes office. Does a Deputy or special deputys
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
When a new sheriff takes office. Does a Deputy or special deputys commision become invalid?… read more
My question is related to this inquiry. A Sheriff deputy and
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
My question is related to this inquiry. A Sheriff deputy and a Marshall came to my ex wife house this morning, asking about me. My ex called me on cell phone. Deputy Sheriff said that I may be a victo… read more
A deputy sheriff escorted a process server onto my property
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
A deputy sheriff escorted a process server onto my property (a 65 acre farm) to serve documents. According to witnesses, the 1st attempt I was not there, and the cop proceeded through every building (… read more
A sheriff deputy left a note on my house door to call them
LawTalk, Lawyer
A sheriff deputy left a note on my house door to call them but they were closed by the time I arrived home. Not sure what it could be … read more
my wife had an incident with the county sheriff . She wants
Lawdoctor
Lawdoctor, Attorney At Law
my wife had an incident with the county sheriff . She wants to sue the deputies, the judge, the district attorney, the jail nurse. No local lawyers will represent us. We got the book "how to win a law… read more
I was convicted of a crime I did not commit. The one and only
David Weilbacher, Esq.
David Weilbacher, Esq., Doctoral Degree
I was convicted of a crime I did not commit. The one and only witness was a Deputy Darland of Mohave Sheriff's Office. His reports and all forms had major discrepancies and ommissions that could prove… read more
I feel I was harassed by a Sheriff's deputy and his sergeant
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Doctoral Degree
I feel I was harassed by a Sheriff's deputy and his sergeant who could not cite the law they had my puppy quarantined under for 10 days. In my opinion, this deputy lied to me saying it was a mandatory… read more
How can a person be held in prison without trial? On the
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
How long can a person be held in prison without trial? … read more
How does one go about requesting that a file be sealed , if
Sam, Attorney
How does one go about requesting that a file be sealed , if it was a one time offense and the charge was dismissed? Is it different for each state or is the same procedure followed for all? thank you.… read more
I was informed by a Los Angeles County Sheriff Deputy that
ExperiencedParalegal
ExperiencedParalegal, Business Owner
I was informed by a Los Angeles County Sheriff Deputy that I had a felony warrant issued in Colorado 15 years ago ( 11-3-1993 ) and if I were stopped again before this was taken care of My driving pri… read more
I am in Tarrant County Texas. I had a run in with County
Ray, Lawyer
I am in Tarrant County Texas. I had a run in with County Sheriff Deputy and Fire Department. I was burning brush and trash today. The Deputy said he seen smoke when he drove by so he called FD. They b… read more
I have a friend that had one too many and evaded a deputy at
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
I have a friend that had one too many and evaded a deputy at 9:00pm and does not remember such. Jailed 22 hrs and plead to the JP Not Guilty. He is over 65 and has a squeaky clean record for Driving C… read more
When and indictment has been hand by the grand jury. It regards
soloprac
soloprac, Attorney
When and indictment has been hand by the grand jury. It regards XXXXX XXXXX frame- How does the request for a speedy trial work- its this method beneficial if the Feds are still investigating. Any tho… read more
I just had a sheriffs deputy at my door to issue my son a subpoena.
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney & Counselor
I just had a sheriffs deputy at my door to issue my son a subpoena. My son is 19 and 7 hours away attending college. The deputy simply said he would make note of that fact and left offering no clue as… read more
If an appeal to retry a trial does not work and the trial ...
Mr. Lofton
Mr. Lofton, Doctoral Degree
If an appeal to retry a trial does not work and the trial is over First Degree Robbery is it possible to later appeal the court to drop the violence off of the charge if no one was injured? Or is only… read more
I WAS AT MY HOUSE ,ALONE. SHERIFFS DEPUTY CAME INTO MY HOUSE
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, JD
I WAS AT MY HOUSE ,ALONE. SHERIFFS DEPUTY CAME INTO MY HOUSE AND WOKE ME UP, AND CHARGED ME WITH PD AND FAILURE TO COMPLY. THEY SAID THEY HAD A COMPLAINT THAT I WAS SHOOTING MY GUN OUTSIDE. YES I DID … read more
How long does a state (texas) have to bring you to trial once
Nate, Lawyer
How long does a state (texas) have to bring you to trial once arraigned? Does the "right to a speedy" trial differ in various states or is it governed by US law?… read more
The local sheriff ran a background check for me at my request.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
The local sheriff ran a background check for me at my request. It shows no warrants and no convictions. What it does show is that I was arrested in 1997 in Lubbock Texas by DEA for importing controlle… read more