How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27760
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iam slow at this please bear with me, califoria, no, were

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: iam slow at this please bear with me
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: califoria
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: were are you from
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 10 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you.

What is your criminal law question?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
290 register I went out of town for 48 hours am I in trouble
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Call me
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am in California
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I press
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 10 months ago.

Sorry for the delay. I am not a California lawyer and I had to look up the law of your state and find the relevant section.

It would appear that you have nothing to be concerned about. According to section 290(b) of the California code, you'd have to register if you're temporarily or permanently staying in a new community for 5 days. If you were only gone for 48 hours, you had no obligation to register in the new location.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 10 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.