How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I"m in ND and I wired $12,000 to my new business partner in

This answer was rated:

I"m in ND and I wired $12,000 to my new business partner in Beaumont CA. He took it from the business account and is spending it for personal use. What charges and where would I file the Beaumont police or Superior court?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Criminal Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: How much total
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: California about two months ago
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much

Good afternoon. If your partner is in Beaumont CA and spending the money in Beaumont CA, jurisdiction would be in Beaumont CA. You can contact the Beaumont Police Department and/or the Riverside County Sheriff's Office and ask them to take your complaint. What you are describing could constitute "embezzlement" under California Penal Code sec. 503, so it is a potential criminal matter. If local law enforcement decides that it's "a civil matter", that's basically code for "we doubt we can prove guilt and we don't want to get involved."--if that hypothetically happens, your remedy would then be in the civil courts.

​Let me know if further clarification is needed, and please feel free to leave a rating once you are finished (it does not cost anything extra to do so, and it is the only way I may be credited for my answers.) Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Fast and excellent advise. Gave me the information I needed.

Thanks, ***** *****!

Brandon M. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you