How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Interested in getting my habitual offender status recinde3d,

Customer Question

interested in getting my habitual offender status recinde3d
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: VA, Prince Wi8lliam County 1986
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: nope, but im familiar with the process
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm a MD resident, haven't lived in Va for many years
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The problem is that habitual offender status cannot be just rescinded without you having an attorney in VA and filing to vacate the convictions that led to the habitual offender status OR you would need to be pardoned on the convictions through the governor's office by filing a petition for pardon through the governor's board of pardon and parole.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.