Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

In this wrongful termination claim, I have been informed

Customer Question
that it is better to...
In this wrongful termination claim, I have been informed that it is better to retain an esteemed, aggressive criminal attorney, in lieu of an employment attorney. The reasoning provided me was that a criminal attorney is much less likely to have a political interest than an employment attorney, analogous to the hiring of a criminal attorney instead of an administrative attorney for a medical or law licensing matter. What is your position on this? Please advise. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/20/2016
Criminal Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

It is generally more cost effective to hire an attorney that is familiar with the particular area of the law; for example a criminal attorney will need to become acquainted with the basics of employment law, whereas an attorney that routinely practices this will be familiar with leading cases, and will presumably have a membership in periodicals that summarize updates on the law. This can save the client significant sums of money as one need not pay the attorney to get up to speed so to speak. Also an employment law attorney will typically spend at least some of his/her continuing education hours on employment law seminars-a great source of information.

So generally it is better to hire an employment attorney and then one can shop around within that area for an attorney that has a reputation for the desired quality (ie aggressivess, prestige, intellect, trial skills etc).

Another option is to hire a firm that specializes in litigation as they generally have several departments, so the case would be assigned to the employment law attorney who would handle all the briefs/strategy and the litigator would handle the trial.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.
Thanks!

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer